The firm’s practice involves counseling individuals and businesses in matters involving many types of federal, foreign, and state and local taxes, including:
- Structuring transactions and investments to reduce income, estate and gift taxes
- Planning for closely held business entities, such as limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and S corporations
- Business succession planning
- International tax planning, including planning for non-resident aliens investing in the U.S., and for U.S. persons doing business outside of the U.S.
- Planning with off-shore entities.
The firm represents individuals and corporations in federal tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service and the United States Tax Court, and in state tax controversies before the Florida Department of Revenue. Controversies we frequent handle include:
- IRS administrative proceedings
- Tax litigation
- Offers in compromise
- Delinquent filing issues
- Installment payment agreements
- Releases of levies and liens.
Both Mr. Siciliano and Mr. Neiman have an LL.M. in taxation – an advanced law degree held by attorneys specializing in tax work.
In addition, Mr. Siciliano is Board Certified in Taxation by The Florida Bar, and Mr. Neiman served for several years as a Senior Trial Attorney with the Internal Revenue Service Office of District Counsel in New York and Miami.